I’ve reached a new goal in Patreon where I’m beginning to offer monthly D/s webinars for the folks who are pledging $5+ over on Patreon.
Fourth Saturday of the Month
10am-12noon PT / 1-3pm ET
It’s been exciting! We’ve done four so far. The one in December, 2018, was a condensed version of a workshop that rife and I have done many places called The Protocol Game, about building 52 protocol based on a “training wheel” that you make for yourself, and then you pull one random protocol each week for a year. It’s great to do for submissives who either don’t have a dominant or whose dominant doesn’t control their protocol that way, or for dominants who want to get better at self-control and discipline.
rife & I did a walk-through of how we created our first Protocol Game and explained it here, in case you’re interested in building that for yourself.
January’s webinar will be Fundamentals of Dominance
Saturday, January 26, 2019
10am-12pm PT / 1pm-3pm ET
Here’s how to join the webinars:
- Head over to my page on Patreon, patreon.com/mrsexsmith
- Sign up for one of the $5 or more tiers. You’ll get other gifts, too, not just the webinars!
- You’ll receive email notifications in the days coming up to the webinar with the links on how to join!
Yes, the webinars will be recorded, so patrons can watch it later if they cannot access it live. And, they can access all of the past webinars!
There will be different D/s workshop every month
rife won’t always be able to join me, and it won’t always be on the 4th Saturday of the month, but the patrons will be notified in advance of the dates. As soon as I have a schedule worked out, I’ll release a few months in advance, with the dates and topics.
Topic wise, I will do some more classes on power dynamics that rife and I have already taught, and some new ones … and I’m thinking about Submissive Playground, too.
Would you come to Submissive Playground if I broke it up over four webinars?
I’m thinking I’ll break the course down and do one unit per webinar, for four webinars, every other month. So one month will be Bondage, then Discipline, then Service, then Masochism. $5+ patrons will have access to all the course materials, and if they want individual sessions with me or for me to go over their homework, that’ll be an add-on.
It’d make the course much more affordable than it was before. (The $5 level on Patreon is per-thing, not per-month, though, remember, so it’s actually about $25/month. Still, $25 webinar is less than I have done any of these in the past.)
I’d love to know what other D/s topics or classes you’d like!
So far, I have these requests:
- Codependence & D/s
- Stepping up your D/s (beginner->intermediate)
- D/s and Open Relationships
- Dom drop tips
- D/s when you don’t live together / long distance
The classes rife & I are working on are:
- The Art of Ownership
- Queer Non-Binary D/s
- Powerful Submission, Vulnerable Dominance
- Take, Allow, Serve, Accept
- Doctor D/s
- Up the D/s Escalator: Trust & Limits
If any of these are speaking to you, I’d love to know; please add your ideas in the comments.
Getting these ebooks compiled, uploaded, and released into the world was a HUGE accomplishment of 2017. They weren’t actually written in 2017, but the publication is part of the writing process, so it definitely counts.
View From The Top on Autostraddle
- Topping While Butch: The reconciliation between being masculine and being a top, the questioning of the assumption of the power alignments and coming to my own conclusions.
- The Thing About Sadism: This one was quite controversial, and generated some of the more … colorful comments. I’m particularly proud of the writing on this.
- I’ll Take That Risk, And That Knife Play: The trust of dominance and submission, the believing that is necessary for the tension to take place.
- Where I’ve Been: The penultimate piece, a retrospective of the series but also of my topping journey.
- Where I’m Going: The finale of the series.
In addition to publishing half a dozen posts about strap-on technology & psychology, I updated the Cock Confidence page here on Sugarbutch to be a better list of ALL of the posts and reviews I’ve written in the past. It’s fun to see them all together!
- Review: Sam
- The Best Uncut Strap-ons
- The Best Double Dildos
- #SexEdPornReviews: Episode 235 of Crash Pad Series, Featuring Mr Pink and Unkle Daddy
Private journal entries
I started publishing private journal entries on Sugarbutch again in 2017. After writing private entries for almost two years for the folks on Patreon, I moved the private entries over to Sugarbutch (about 30 of them) and made them visible to the world. They’re still only readable by the folks who are part of Patreon. This has been a big focus and growing edge of my writing this year.
- The Personal Blog Is Not Dead
- “Even between the closest people infinite distances exist.” about getting married to rife this summer
- Sixteen, poem/list of all the things banging in my head
- For giving, about letting go and what forgiveness means
- Pansy, about resilience
- Morning, a dirty daddy/girl story (as opposed to a not-dirty daddy/girl story about … breaking curfews and borrowing the car?)
My Dog by Avery Cassell is the top guest post of the year. I’ve been publishing a few things by authors I admire here and there, which I’ve liked doing … there are so many good erotica authors out there. Thanks to Avery for sharing this one.
I write monthly over on the Body Trust blog on a theme connected to the wheel of the year and my personal journey with spirit and connection and resilience.
- Everything Must Change, musical anthems for times of dire destruction
- Seeking: Transformation in spring, the time when things can grow anew. This has the small list of things from my notebook to do when I’m in that frenzied state
- A Magical Day, morning meditation mantras and ways to make the day not suck
- Ice portal with birds, because it’s an amazing video of an iceberg with seagulls that I took in my hometown
- “Success is not a result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.” — Arnold H. Glasgow
One more thing: #2017bestnine
How I’ve been using Instagram and posting photos publicly has changed this year, and I mostly keep my Instagram account private, but I still really enjoy posting there. It’s kind of funny, I used to have such a huge photography habit and eye, and carry a complicated camera with me everywhere, but as smartphones have taken over my (and everyone else’s) life, I feel less inclined. I guess snapshot photography became more accessible, and I got a little less interested. But the self-portraiture used to be so valuable to me. Not sure why that’s changed exactly.
Here’s my top nine photos from 2017 over on Instagram. Come on over and follow me.
Two of the nine are (professional portrait) photos by Bill Wadman from November — I’m working on a sort of retrospective post with a lot of the photos he’s taken of me over the years. More of his work soon.
I finished the novella series!!
You might remember the stories when they were released on Sugarbutch, in early 2015 — but now you can have them on your very own kindle or ipad, and snuggle up with them in your bed, read them aloud to your honey, read them in a hammock at a cabin, or all sorts of other places that it’s harder to read a laptop.
A little backstory:
Perhaps you remember I did a fiction experiment on Sugarbutch (in 2015!!!) and was writing ~4 stories per month, for six months, all with the same characters. I did a variety of different gender combinations and types of sex that the characters explored — butch/femme, boi/boi, femdom/boy, daddy/girl, femme/femme. The goal was to compile them into a quickie little ebook at the end of each month, and end up with a series of 6.
But in April 2015, about a month before this project was supposed to end, I had a bit of a mental breakdown. That’s kind of a dramatic phrase to use, but I think it’s accurate. Maybe something more like “my mind broke a little bit” or “my trauma pattern reoccurred and I’ve been digging myself out ever since” or “I don’t know what the fuck happened but pretty much all my emotional energy has gone to working with this break since then.” … I guess my particular neurodiversity (such a kind way to say it, isn’t it) and developmental trauma allows me to be very high functioning — which I’m grateful for, don’t get me wrong, but it’s also meant I have been suffering for years before getting a diagnosis and actually working on long-term treatment strategies rather than temporary coping tools.
So needless to say, I didn’t finish the project. I finished the writings, but I didn’t finish the novella publications. In fact, there are a few big projects still “open” on my to do list from 2015, and while I’m compassionate and forgiving of myself, I still want to complete them, feel committed to them, and know they should be out in the world.
Here’s where you can get ’em — either on Smashwords (epub and mobi) or directly from Amazon (mobi for Kindle). If you’re a Patreon patron, you’ll get the code to download all these books for free.
If you can, please leave a review on Amazon, Goodreads, or Smashwords (or all three!). It really helps to get the book in search results and “you might like…” kind of suggestions.
I appreciate every single book you buy and read, y’all. Thank you.